Monday, January 26, 2009

Song Battles

I am currently deployed and have a few missions while I am gone. One being writing songs. The last time I was deployed that was no problem and I figured it would be the same this time. Well its not. This time I need to write songs for 2 groups with different styles. Why 2 groups? Well I decided to help a good friend of mine start another group. So now I need to write songs for Joyful Noise and for the new all men's group Reach. I'm not sure how to do it. How do you write in 2 different styles? The only way I can think to do it is to write one and see who likes it the most. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

I think you just have to write something and t hen let it play itself out. If the words come first, then the words might tell you which group would be better. If the lyrics come first, the style should tell you. If you end up with 50 songs for only one group...so be it. Just write what your heart is telling you. If your heart is silent then that needs to be fixed before writing anything. Love you!

Cryssy said...

So, um, any songs at all yet?