Monday, January 21, 2008

Creations For The Creator...

What does that mean? Well that is what I am trying to figure out. Most people who know me know that I love to sing and paint. I like to think I am pretty good at both and the only reason I am is because God allowed it. I also believe that people should use the gifts / talents given to them by God to serve Him. And that is where I have a problem.
I am in a singing group and we all love to worship. Our Goal, well at least my goal, is to spread God's word to others through song. We just don't quite know how to get that acomplished. Grant it we have sung for our church several times, but that just seems more like a concert and not a ministry. I want us to get to the point where we are ministering.
Now for the art / painting. How do you paint for God. I started drawing whan I was 8 and painting when I was about 12. I love to do it and have painted several thing for other people. Painting for other people is all good and great, but how can I use this as a tool to further God's will in my life or in others.
Creations for the Creator. I am hoping through this I can figure out what that means to me. I pray that through this and others I may meet I will be able to find my purpose. I pray I will be able to see what God meant for me to do with these gifts. I pray.

4 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Hi Tony. Welcome to the blogosphere...
Give your wife a hug from me today, okay?
~Elizabeth

Jackie said...

My advice is to just do it. Down here, we make it a pint to sing different parts - to harmonize as smoothly as we can and it uplifts people. (We used to do it a lot more, but I am now an alto and I can't read music.)

And I didn't know you were an artist. I think I remember some of the stuff from Lackland Terrace, but I am such a LOOOSER that I forgot.

It'za age thing.

Tony said...

Hey Jackie:) I thought you knew me so well. J/K! There are several people I people I know pretty well that had no idea I was an artist when i told them, so no worries.
As for the singing, well I am a tenor who wishes he was a bass and who isn't the best at reading music very well either, so I feel you. I always need a starting note or a few starting words.

Darla said...

Welcome to the blog-world.

I, like you, am an artist and I want to use my talents to praise God.

Like Jackie said we harmonize....even in art. We have to work together with others. I have found recently that my art skills are now linked with my technology skills and my photography skills-it isn't painting but it is useful. I am working on creating encouragement cards for the church members to use and cards for visitors, etc.

I paint in watercolor and usually it is of my family. I love to paint the children. What I find is that when you paint those you love that love reaches out and touches others who see it. People draw closer to YOU because they love the love you feel for your family. And that opens doors....

So my advice is to use it to paint what you love, who you love and let God open doors.

(I, too, have done bookcovers.)